Independent School District of Boise City
Branch Boise ID US
Educational Tutor PART TIME
Perform other safety-related duties such as supervising students on the playground and reinforcing character education lessons. Hours per day:….
Hours per day: 3.5
Hours: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Additional Requirements: Classroom support, small group support, recess/lunch supervision, etc. Work schedule times may vary
For District Employees:
1.Login to your WorkSpace
2.Complete the In-District Transfer Application
3.Add this Job Number to your Transfer Application under the Employment Openings section
For Outside Applicants:
TPlease refer to our How to Apply for Classified Positions web page for detailed information.
Application Video: Classified – for oustside applicants
Application Video: Transfer – current employees
Note: Substitutes and student teachers are not eligible for the transfer application.
Please be advised that accepting full-time employment may affect any subsidy for health insurance purchased through the Idaho Health Insurance Exchange.
Index 01/D/02: $12.23/hour
Classified Salary Schedule
2017-18 School Year
- Provide assistance to teachers and students in the classroom;
- Preparing, modifying, and adapting materials and presentations used in the classroom; Assist students with homework assignments, tutoring, supplemental instruction, special projects and in preparing for quizzes or exams;
- Assist students and teachers with classroom activities, tests, classroom management, clerical and record-keeping duties related to students;
- Assist in maintaining files on students; monitors student progress and provides input on student performance;
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, procedures and safety practices.
- Perform other safety-related duties such as supervising students on the playground and reinforcing character education lessons.
- Graduation from high school, 48 college credit hours, OR Associates degree or higher (transcripts or copy of degree will be required upon hire), OR successful completion of the ETS Paraprofessional Praxis Exam (this exam may be taken after offer of employment has been extended, however, must be successfully completed prior to beginning employment).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Application Requirements :
A completed online application with the chosen job must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date shown. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Upon hire, applicants are required to clear a criminal justice fingerprint and background check. Employment for this position is “at will”. Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause (which shall be defined as any reason which is not “arbitrary and capricious”, and which does not violate public policy) and with or without notice, at any time. As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: “Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…”
Positions may or may not be filled, depending upon district need.
Benefits Information :
Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Public Employees’ Retirement System are provided to Classified employees who work at least half time (20 hours per week) or more in a regular position and to Certified employees with a .50 FTE or greater contract.