Position: Loader II- ADMJP00007184
Campus: Columbus, Nebraska-68601
Duration: 3 Months
Pay rate: $22.3/hr
Shift Time: Day Shift
· Essential Job Functions Takes sample products from trucks and railcars and seals such following completion of lab analysis, and loading to ensure correct content, volume, temperature and weights. Seals outlet valves on cars.
· Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
· Properly records, closes, tightens and seals trucks and railcars loaded with sweeteners and starch after loading and inspection.
· Cleans and sanitizes railcars and tanks using standard cleaning materials and procedures. Uses computer programs (ADMWEIGH and Honeywell DCS) to monitor loading operations.
· Opens and seals hatches and unloading doors, cleaning and installing proper gaskets.
· Operates valves, pumps and filler pipes, and transferring wet and dry products from holding facilities to transportation equipment.
· Communicates with co-workers in person and using two-way radios or similar equipment. Inspects interior of tanks for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or damage.
· Monitors processes carefully to ensure the efficient transfer of product to transportation vehicles. Verifies tank car numbers with loading instructions to ensure accurate placement of cars by crew. Fills out Inspection Reports after checking trucks and railcars.
· Operates a rail locomotive, positioning cars in appropriate sequences to receive product. Cleans up spills in area.
· Completes related records of product transferred, ensuring the accuracy of such records and inputs related data into computer.
· Performs preventive maintenance duties on department equipment or notifies department supervisor of needed repairs.
· Prepares and presents bill of lading to the drivers of the loaded trucks. Removes and replaces or gives directions to another worker to remove and replace dome caps, using wrenches.
· Inspects rupture disc, vacuum relief valve, rubber gaskets on valves and cover plates, and replace defective parts, using wrenches. When unloading cars, connects hose to outlet plugs on cars and attaches special dome, using wrenches.
· Works in teams to coordinate tasks to efficiently and accurately load products into rail cars or trucks. Operates skid loaders, forklift trucks, payloader, locomotive and related equipment.
· Cleans and operates switch tracks in rail yards to move rail cars to proper tracks.
· Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times Performs routine maintenance of department equipment such as checking oil levels, greasing hanger bearings, washing screens, pulling covers, working on baghouses, unplugging conveyor presses, and routine serving of the pay loader. Inspects pump filters regularly, exchanging such for new filters as necessary.
· Crosscheck scales on a weekly basis to maintain and verify accuracy.
· Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures by attending staff meetings and discussing ideas with co-workers and management staff.
· Attaches and operates densifier to the railcars when filling with starch product. Pumps compressed air into car to test for leaks.
· Shovels or otherwise removes excess product from loads as needed. Assists and advises Traffic Coordinator of car situation.
· Be able to communicate by using approved hand signals and two-way radios.
· Assists in keeping the department in tour ready condition. May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $22.30 per hour
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Columbus, NE 68601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location